…and I’m awake.
Why you ask?
Well, the most likely reason is because Shayne’s son is scheduled to be here in less than 10 hours. Yep, you read that right – Shayne’s son.
So, I’m not sure if I’ve gone into this in the past – and I don’t feel like reading my entire blog to see – so here’s a refresher. Shayne, at one point in his life, was with a man.
On a side note, the debate is, at that point was he a closeted lesbian or a bi curious man? – hm…
Anyway, he actually has 4 children.
- M – 28 – Single? – lives in FL on the beach (super beach bum)
- An – 25 – Married – Living with her husband on an Army base in OK
- Aa – 21 – Single – going to Stanford to be a doctor that works with heart and lung transplants
- Al (She had a thing for A names…) – 20 – Engaged with a baby on the way
I’ve met M once about 2 years ago. M was taken by his father when he was only a year old. Shayne had no idea where he was or how to get in touch with him for more than 25 years. He found Shayne on FB and we went out to reunite them. It was great! Tehy still chat every now and again on FB.
An is the only girl. She is married, but is soon to be going through a divorce as her douche bag husband is cheating on her.
Aa is the brains of the bunch. He’s traveled all over the world and is going to be a major doctor.
So, Al is the one coming. He’s got a girl hes been dating for a long time and he’s pregnant. He’s gotten into some trouble in the past but wants to get out of Atlanta and start over – here with us.
I have a couple of reasons to be concerned – all are in my head:
- I’ve never met him – and he ain’t exactly a baby. At 6’5″, 220lbs, this is a grown man. I’m worried about being uncomfortable around him especially since I’m only about 9 years older than he is.
- Shayne hasn’t seen him in years – he’s kinda going to be a stranger to Shayne as well
- I’m worried about when his girlfriend comes to live in my house with a baby. I’m doing well to keep the baby thoughts at bay at the moment, but when there’s a real live one in my house that doesn’t belong to me – this may become an issue.
- I’m worried about being left out of their little family
- I worry that I’m going to make him uncomfortable.
- I worry that it will come between Shayne and I
- I worry…
Now, I have to say that Shayne and I have talked through this multiple times and there really is no reason for concern – but that’s not stopping my head from spinning at 2 AM…