So – Hope suggested on my last blog that my new direction should be to blog about what it’s like to live with someone who is transitioning. That is an absolutely fabulous idea, however in my opinion it would be a very boring blog because it’s quite normal. I will definitely go through and kind of tell the story of whats going on and i will gladly include when things happen that pertain to Shayne and what he’s going through – but i don’t think I have enough material to actually write the entire blog about it. I’ve attempted to get her to blog about the way she feels because I think it would be therapeutic for her to o so.
In the meantime, lets get you caught up on my life – man have things changed!!
- I have a new job! A former manager of mine contacted me on LinkedIn and asked me to give him a call. I did and he offered me a sales job – with a 60% increase in my base salary! I’m now working from home as well, which is very good with Shayne’s medical issues. Before if I couldn’t get her on the phone I would panic and be ready to drive home. Now, If I can’t get her on the phone I just walk upstairs!
- The new job has opened up a few opportunities:
- We can move – anywhere in the country we want to. We’ve been talking for a while about moving out to CA. Shayne feels much better out in CA when we visit – I think it has something to do with the different altitude and weather patterns.
- The talk of a baby has come up again. If I’m home on a regular basis I will be able to help. That means Shayne won’t have to be here by herself and be self sufficient for taking care of a child. We’re looking into adoption/foster to adopt over actually going through the process of getting pregnant.
- My little cousin came to visit. We made a trip up to Yellowstone National Park. It was absolutely amazing!
Anyway – I should have more time to blog now so hopefully I’ll be able to blog more!