Maybe my last post was written out of fear and deep seeded childhood trauma.
At least that’s what my therapist is saying…
- That just because it doesn’t look like it’s going to all fall into place doesn’t mean that it will be a tragedy.
- That just because Shayne can’t do things the way they are “normally” done doesn’t mean that he can’t take care of a child properly.
- That just because I’m scared that I won’t be perfect doesn’t mean that I won’t be the perfect parent for my child
- That maybe I’m taking what I feel about my own parents and projecting that onto myself.
- That just because I can’t control every situation doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t attempt them. (this one hit way too close to home)
That maybe I’m giving up way too early?
BTW, CD2…Should I track? Should I make an appointment? Should we look into fostering/adoption?