Oh how I love Fridays!! Just have to make it through a few more hours and I’m FREE for the weekend! I’m even more excited this week because tomorrow is our 2nd Annual Cajun Christmas Celebration! So far there are about 15 people confirmed to be there, and I’m sure some who were invited who didn’t respond to our little event page on FB. I love having everyone over to our house, however I have a TON of stuff that I need to do before tomorrow afternoon
- put the bedroom door back on its hinges – we had to remove it when we bought our new bed
- steam clean the carpet (yay for having dogs!)
- clean out the garage for the smokers
- wrap our white elephant gifts
- I’ll have pictures of them after the party!
- cook a TON of food
- Cajun Ham, Red Beans and Rice, Gumbo, Jambalaya
- bring in our tables and set up the spread
- hopefully have our Landlord come out to fix/replace our dryer that isn’t working – I’m down to the last of my good clothes and moving on to the ones that are in the back of my closet because I HATE them.
- final touches for decorations
- dress the pups in their little Christmas outfits!
- have time to take a shower and get dressed???
I have NO IDEA how all of that is going to get done. ESPECIALLY when Lori’s FOOT IS BROKEN! Yes, you read that right. She ran over her foot with her scooter and fractured it in 2 places. There’s also a deep tissue contusion. She’s got to wear a big boot now for the next 3-4 weeks. I’m at least thankful that it will be off for Florida (would suck to be on the beach wearing a huge medical boot!). This is the 4th time in 5 years that she’s broken her foot somehow. She’s done everything from slip on ice to dropping a gallon of milk on them.
Anyway – time to get to work.